Pages

Coming Home by Lydia Michaels

Reviewed by Desere



When I started reading this book,  I immediately picked up that this is not the first in which is obviously a series. This of course has always annoyed me , I always want to be sure that I got all the nitty gritty from the first books before I read the next, so yeah off I went on my mission to find out more about the first two.  Sadly I could not trace the first two in print and thus I made due with the little bit of information I could find on the Internet.

Then I was as caught up as I could be , and oh my gosh !!! I could not wait to dig in !!! I was so intrigued and as I started reading I pretty much had my mind already made up that this author is a talent that I wish I had discovered years ago!

Now let me tell you a little about the plot, it tells of Evelyn " Scout" Keats and how her perfect world comes crashing down when she learns that she has been nothing more than a pawn in a game so twisted it will make you sick to your stomach, worse, it's pretty much everyone in her life that has used her for their own gratification. The book takes the reader on the journey of Scout trying to comprehend the cost of her broken heart and learning to know when to take a risk in order to be happy.

Now for the review , this author is one that that knows how to draw out each and every emotion to the extent where I actually felt physically drained, but still wanting more.  The characters went beyond developed I can't fully express what I mean by that, I am battling to find the right wording ( odd I know), I guess best way to say it is  that the characters were more than just just, they were alive and leaping from the pages, as oppose to the usual well developed characters that after wards still feel just like characters from a book, these characters were real to me , very real.

Beautifully written, intriguing, powerful and memorable are just a few of the words I would use to describe this book.  And inspiring , I have come across many powerful , fighting spirited heroines but not quite like this, I wanted to trade places with this one ! I am going to end my review by saying that this is not just a love story , it's about courage , fighting back  and taking risks when there is no hope.

I am off to continue the search for the first two books, I have to know the rest! A define page turner, highly recommended !

5/5 star review
" Coming home, after the long road of sorrow" 

** Copy provided by Penguin Random House South Africa in exchange for a honest review