Pages

A Night to Remember by R.C Matthews

Review by TashNz

4 Stars

Brett and Anna haven't seen each other since College.  Brett was Anna's college crush but he was one of the most popular boys at College and she never took the step to find out if the feeling was mutual.


Rediscovering each other at the New Years Eve charity fundraiser Anna organises every year they discover their feelings are very muchly mutual and they spend the night together, A Night To Remember!  Shame Anna's due to announce her engagement...

One night isn't enough, Brett decides and before he knows it he's pursuing Anna.  All sorts of things get in the way, from politics to Anna's engagement.  From a mayoral race to a lifetime of happiness race.  Despite the life-hurdles Brett and Anna manage to get plenty of chances to make the pages burn and combust (hence my placing in our Adult Delights review site)

I loved the unique beginning, with the dancing and Brett desperately trying to find a way to be on Anna's dance card and I love the unique idea of the ladies dressing as famous women from the past.  I found the regular point of view switch contributed toward the suspense of the story.

A Night to Remember races along while managing to pack so much in at the same time. There were so many emotions covered, I laughed and I cried. Both Anna's and Brett's personal stories are moving. Jorge, Anna's fiancee, is a main side character and his moment in the spotlight is very moving too.

Both Brett and Anna were very likeable people.  Brett quite the lawyer and loves Anna with such a passion.  Anna the charity darling of her town.  She's the constant giver who definitely deserves her second dream in life (Brett being the first).  The story flitted from this place to that place and worked fantastically with the fast pace.  The cover draws you in and is a perfect depiction of the beginning of the story.

Overall I found this to be a read which was very enjoyable, and I'll mention it again, I was amazed how much was packed in.  I cant really elaborate without giving anything away.  A Night to Remember flowed nicely. The swapping of point of views added something extra and I am proud to support a new/indie author.  I was honored to receive a copy of for my personal opinion.

Check out R.C Matthews here and Purchase here <3

                                                                    **********
Reviewed by Desere

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

If you're in the mood to read something super sexy and alluring, this is the read to pick up.

It tells the story of Anna, she has agreed to help out a friend by posing as his fiancee and then later marry him, in return he will give her the greatest gift ever, before her time runs out.

That's the future that lies ahead, or so she thinks. By a wonderful twist of fate she ends up belonging to Brett, her college crush, well her body belongs to him for the night, her heart has always belonged to him, and she is not sure it will ever belong to another.

But she made a deal to help out her friend and she always sees deals through, so one night is all she will take from Brett , a night to remember that is!


But Brett has always wanted Anna and now that he has had her he won't let her go, he will fight till he has her by his side, forever But will Anna be convinced that she can let go and have more than one night to remember in the arms of her ultimate desire?

I really liked this read, both the main characters were fun to read and both had what I like to call the perfect balance of likable and " am going to dent this character's head" , because as much as I loved them both they did drive me to insanity during the read, but of course that is what books are about, they dish out a variety of emotions, torture the readers with little bits of hope and characters not doing what we want them to, and then bang it is all brought to a conclusion we never saw coming. This author did all this and more.

What truly amazed me what how the author managed to pack a story of many twists and turns into 202 pages, usually stories of the same type take up to 500 pages, yes you read it right, 500 pages which as intriguing as it sounds and believe me I don't shy away from long reads, but after around page 300 it usually starts getting on one's nerves, and all you want to do is shout "

Get to the end already do they get happy ever after or not? So I was utterly impressed with this author taking it all and giving me the full satisfaction in just 202 pages, and if you're thinking that because of this you might walk away thinking you missed a scene or a detail, fear not because we get all the gritty nitty deeds needed to form a perfect read.

I can't say more than what I have already said, for if I do I will completely destroy this read, and believe me you want to read this! I will add that the opening line of this read was a really nice attention catcher!

I am taking away a message of , if you fight hard enough you really can have it all, love is the strongest emotion in the world and if you find it, hold on and never let go.

4.5 star review
" He wins her for the night, decides he wants her for life! Let the games begin"